“ After seeing the solution the decision was easy “
“Our prime consideration has been a question of ergonomics rather than speed. Having said that we are using fewer people to unload a container so there is definitely a financial benefit too.”
– Keith McLean, Warehouse Manager & Ian Lancaster, Logistics Manager, Draper Tools
The former handling situation
Unloading: Manual lifting onto pallets
Situation: Poor ergonomics and time consuming work, caused unhappy operators and high costs.
The new handling situation
Unloading: Manually, assisted by Vaculex ParceLift onto a Caljan telescopic belt conveyor.
Palletizing: Assisted by a Vaculex TP
Situation: Very happy operators at an attractive working position. And fewer operators, three instead of five.
1. Happy operators. No complaints of wear or strain.
2. Reduced level of sick absence
3. No transfers of suffering people into new positions
4. No staff turnover. Operators now find their tasks very attractive and stay in their positions.
5. Everyone, men and women, with a normal physique can now work in this position.
6. Less operators. Three operators, instead of five.
(No one had to leave)